Sunday, April 3, 2011

Grilled Pineapple

I will get some pictures up here as soon as I can, but the Fam ate them all before I got any shots! I am not really sure why I thought this would be a good idea, but it turned out to be fantastic! I create dishes mainly on wanting to combine different wholesome, compassionate foods to make delectable and satisfying dishes. I use my sniffer to start off my experiments and combine things based off of all the senses. However, I didn't use any of those things on this dish... I would like to claim genius for lack of any other approachable terms. Oh NO! But try this and you will say OH YES... if you say anything at all. My family all groaned in a borderline inappropriate manner. GOAAAAAAALLLLL!


You will need:
Demerara sugar (natural brown sugar)**
Ground Cinnamon
1 frash pineapple

Cut the top and bottom from the pineapple and cut lengthwise down the middle and core out the tough center strip. Leave the pineapple on the rind and slice into 3/4" slabs. mix the sugar and cinnamon on a plate and press each side of the pineapple into the mixture. Either put it on your grill or use your griddle but wither way get those sexy grill lines on there and that fantastic 'caramelization'! Heating the fresh pineapple really brings out the 'apple' in there and combining that with the cinnamon and sugar and the the exotic flavor unique to pineapple is so delicious.
**I use Demerara sugar because it is less refined and I enjoy the flavor, but any sugar will work OR you could leave the sugar out and go with just the cinnamon and get a more earthy flavor and less calories. 6= half a dozen....

No comments:

Post a Comment