Sunday, January 31, 2010

Black Bean Nachos

These are great to make for an entire meal. They are filling and fast and really healthy! I make these constantly and play around with the toppings. I intend to make them for the upcoming SuperBowl! Let me know what you think and if you have any variations that I can try!





You will need:
~14oz black beans, drained and rinsed
~1/2 lbs. ground beef, cooked and seasoned (I use a vegan substitute)
~1/2 cup diced tomatoes
~1 cup salsa verde (green chilies with white onions and seasoning)
~2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (your favorite flavor, I use a vegan substitute as well)
~Black Olives, drained
~Chipolte seasoning, store bought or homemade
~Your favorite corn chips or pita chips work really really well

Heat oven to 375d. and start preparing your ingredients. First layer the chips as deep as you want making sure they are places so the filling cant really reach t eh bottom of the pan. Then toss in the beans and spread out evenly. Next add the beef(or beef sub.) and the tomatoes. Layer the salsa on top of that and then the cheese, olives and seasoning. Bake until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Grab a fork, you will need it.

Remember to play with your ingredients! Try different things in these. Imaging the chips as bread for a sandwich or lettuce for a salad. A blank slate waiting for you to make it spectacular! I made these on time with my sweet potato chili on top. It rocked! Sweet potato on nachos? Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment